SEO Tips for 2015
Lorna McNamara, Marketing Director
There have been significant updates to SEO over the last year or so, which include Google Penguin, Panda, Hummingbird and Pigeon, with an overall shift to a focus on quality content and the need for any SEO strategy to incorporate a content management strategy.
Some of the elements to focus on in the coming year to ensure a winning SEO strategy for your hotel include:
1. Invest in Content – create quality content throughout the site, with a defined strategy for regularly updating and enhancing that content thtoughout the year and strengthening it with relative links.
2. HTTPS Protocol – with Google sarting to place more focus on the secure HTTPS protocol over HTTP as part of their ranking criteria, it would be worth considering a move to HTTPS from HTTP to support improved rankings if Google place any increased emphasis on this element of site structure.
3. Mobile Keeps on Growing – it is predicted in 2015 that mobile searches will surpass other web traffic and with the sheer volume in mobile searches now online it is vital to have a well defined mobile content / SEO strategy in place. In1 Solutions offer both fully responsive websites as well as dedicated mobile websites and booking engines. All designed and structured to perform optimally on all devices.
4. Brand Mentions – As part of an inbound link strategy Google focuses on brand mentions rather than mere keywords and implementing an effective brand advocacy program for your hotel will support your SEO initiative. It is important that the brand mentions are form a mix of sources and can be linked or non-linked. In1 Solutions’ Brand Advocacy product, can help to support brand awareness and references on social media. Use the power of social media to get people talking about and engaging with your brand.
5. Fully utilise Imagery and Videos on you site – Having a selection of YouTube optimised videos on your site and a good selection of imagery with a site that is enabled for “Enhanced Image Search” will all support your Google rankings.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014