SEO Tips for 2019
Regular changes to algorithms means that SEO is an evolving science, requiring us to keep abreast of changes to ensure we get the most from organic searches. Some of the elements that will drive an effective SEO strategy for 2019 include:
- Plan ahead with pre-emptive SEO – to gain traction and higher rankings well in advance of a particular event or seasonal campaigns
- Utilise tools such as Google + – as it indexes your content almost immediately, helping you improve SEO fast and don’t forget to utilise Google Business for local SEO.
- Optimise for Voice Search and Visual Search – Over 20% of queries on Google are spoken – by 2020 this could rise to almost 50% of all searches – highlighting the importance of natural language and long-tail keywords. Visual search highlights the importance of image optimisation. An evolving technology that is user focused and opens up opportunities for marketing your product
- Quality Content – that is user-focused and targeted. Adding niche content will enhance your SEO as well as providing a richer experience for visitors to your site. Having relevant content gives visitors a reason to stay on your site longer and interact with your site more thus, improving your SEO performance.
- Faster is Still Better – Google take into consideration the overall speed of the site for rankings and you should ensure that your site performs optimally by having a good hosting package, ensuring that images are correctly compressed and videos properly embedded. People tend to stay on sites longer and have better conversion rates when pages load faster – Google knows this and ranks faster loading pages higher.
- Analytics matter – some of the key indicators that you use to monitor site performance, are also used as ranking indicators for Google. Sessions, click thru rate, repeat visitors, links, Average session duration – all of these factors monitor how well a site is performing and how engaged users are on your site. The results of these metrics can influence your SEO performance.
- Let Advocacy tell your story – utilise the power of brand and photo advocacy to drive social shares and increase brand awareness. Something special happens when travellers discover your hotel through real experiences shared by friends & family. Reach, inspire and convert and entirely new global audience every day with brand and photo advocacy tools, that not only increase brand awareness, but support SEO with social sharing, linking and brand mentions.