Ours is a fascinating time in human history. Technology continues to develop at incredible speed, with revolutionary discoveries made daily. For your business to thrive online, it is essential to keep your finger on the technological pulse.
At In1 Solutions, not only do we respond to industry changes, but work to anticipate them. In the spirit of keeping our clients ahead of the curve, we recommend taking the following digital developments into account. Include them in your hotel’s marketing strategy to deliver marked and measurable improvements in online revenue.
- The emergence of 5G on mobile: You and your property are no stranger to Smartphones. If you are a client of In1 Solutions, you can rest assured your website, booking engine, and/or voucher engine has been fully optimised for successful mobile browsing, usage, and purchasing. The introduction of 5G means faster response times, increased dynamism, and greater opportunities for hotel marketing. Google is implementing a mobile-first approach. The Internet giant now rewards websites that are mobile friendly by ranking them higher in search engine results. Consequentially, hotels looking to take back their guests from OTAs cannot afford to put mobile optimisation on the backburner.
- The importance of video content: As illustrated in previous posts, including Transformations in Twenty-First Century Travel and Baby Boomers, Millennials, and Hotel Marketing, responding to the needs and wants of the younger generation is key. With an infinite stream of video at our fingertips, millennials in particular have become more likely to watch than read. According to Forbes Magazine, YouTube has become the world’s second largest online search engine, with video content expected to account for 80% of all media consumed online by 2021. The hotel industry needs to react to this demand by creating video advertisements and virtual tours.
- Quick and easy guest recognition technology: In such a well-connected world, it seems everyone is in a hurry. Various hotels around the world have implemented facial recognition technology to enhance efficiency. Benefits include minimised check-in times, improved customer service, heightened security, and greater opportunity for personalised guest experiences. The technology also encompasses fingerprint identification and retina scanning.
- The power of Augmented Reality (AR): You’ve heard of Virtual Reality (VR). Now, get ready for Augmented Reality. AR does not require its user to temporarily escape reality. Instead, it asks that they add digital components to the real-world, in real-time. Some hotels display QR codes on their websites or brochures. When scanned by a Smartphone, they come to life, allowing guests to virtually explore the hotel and local points of interest, as though placed before them. Potential guests can feel at home at your hotel, even before making that all-important booking.
- Revolutions in visual search: Google Lens and Pinterest Lens allow users to point a Smartphone at an object of interest to acquire information. For example, scanning a cathedral to access a Wikipedia page detailing its history. Hotels should prioritise the creation of engaging visual content across various platforms, including Instagram. Photography competitions will encourage your guests to become brand advocates while creating a sea of visual content. Ask permission to feature their photographs on your website or social media platforms to expand your reach. Meanwhile, don’t forget to include images of local attractions. These can be used to link back to your hotel.
While some of these tactics may be expensive to implement, the return is expected to significantly outweigh the investment. From all the team at In1 Solutions, we wish you the very best of luck!